Make Music a Goal in 2009!
The New Year is always a great time to set goals, make a plan of action and accomplish something new. Consider making music one of your goals for 2009. Here are some suggestions:
1) Attend at least one live concert per month.
2) Tithe a percentage of your income to a music school, group or organization.
3) Create a weekly or monthly family music night.
4) Learn to play a musical instrument.
5) Practice playing a musical instrument once a day, week or month.
6) Support local radio programs, record stores, musicians and music venues.
7) Attend music festivals regularly.
8) Buy season tickets to the opera, symphony or a concert series.
9) Enroll your child in weekly music classes.
10) Support musicians by purchasing or downloading original copies of their work instead of sharing unauthorized burned copies of their music.
11) Sing in the shower, in the car and in and around your home every day.
12) Expand your musical horizons by exploring various genres of music each month.
13) Share the gift of music with your children.