Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

I made it home safely after five days near Alexandria (yes, I evacuated to where the eye of the storm and the worst weather passed). I was trapped by flood waters with no electricity, Internet or phone service at my friend's lovely house and we could not leave. As an evacuee, I volunteered helping my sister at an evacuee animal shelter in Alexandria the day before the storm. The best part of the evacuation experience was that I was with my sister Robbie, my dear friend Rose Anne and Rose Anne's gracious and welcoming family.

My house, my dog Emma and I are fine. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, text messages, calls and emails. My thoughts and prayers are with my fellow Gulf Coast citizens who are still evacuated, sustained property damage and are still without electricity. Many blessings for a speedy, safe return.

No comments: