Saturday, March 12, 2011

Reader Views, Reviews by Kids for Kids

Reader Views, Reviews by Kids for Kids
www.readerviewskids.com
admin@readerviews.com

Amazon Alphabet by Johnette Downing
Pelican Publishing (2011)
ISBN 9781589808799

Reviewed by Cayden Aures (age 6) and Mom for Reader Views (3/11)

Cayden‟s comments:

“I really liked this book a lot! It is a book about things in the Amazon. I didn‟t know where that was but we looked it up on a map. The Amazon River goes through South America.
For every letter in the alphabet there is something that lives there. A lot of the animals I didn‟t know until now. I liked the katydids. It said that they sing a song that sounds like „Katy did; Katy didn‟t.‟ I have never heard them before but we found it on the computer and listened to them on there.
I liked trying to find the letters that were hidden on every page. That was a lot of fun. The pictures in this book are awesome! They are made from cut-up pieces of paper. I even made one page out of the book by myself, the piranha page. I cut out colored papers like in the picture and glued it on a piece of paper and it looks like the picture in the book. I might try to do more of them too.”

Parent‟s comments:

We loved this highly educational book about the Amazon! There was so much great information about the different animals presented and we learned a lot. The unique collage illustrations were so much fun and my son has had a blast trying to recreate them. We highly recommend “Amazon Alphabet!”

No comments: